2.18.2011

"I don't think I've ever gotten all up on anything, sir."

Day 152
Blue Streak
1999



Ok, I have to be honest. I watched this movie once before, for the sake of the blog, but it was a long while ago and I don't remember it all that well. Though I had no desire to watch it again, I convinced myself that I must, in order to honor the blog and stay true to my quest to watch ALL of Mr. Wilson's movies before his 40th birthday.

However, when I went to the library to check it out, I searched for it on their computer system only to see its status listed as "Missing." Needless to say, I was...almost upset.

I've decided it was "divine intervention," or something, and will now just have to write about the movie from memory.

Shucks.

Contrary to my expectations, this movie wasn't completely terrible. It wasn't exactly good, either, though. It was watchable, I guess. There was a plot.

I was particularly disappointed with Mr. Wilson's character, though. He finally, almost comes through in the end, but it certainly feels like an unnecessarily long time coming.

There're also some winning scenes with Dave Chappelle, but...yeah, I think that's about it. See it. Don't see it. You probably won't lose any sleep either way.



MERE'S OFFICIAL RATING: 2 out of 5 stars.
"How's that sandwich coming?"*


Up next...
My Dog Skip

(*Matt just showed me that Dave Chappelle skit with Susan Sarandon a few weeks back to cheer me up when I was sick. Seeing as Chappelle's in the moive, it somehow seemed appropriate : )

No comments:

Post a Comment