8.20.2011

"Put in a good word for me."

Day 333
Old School
2003


Before this blog entry quickly deteriorates in to me just typing all of my favorite quotes from Old School, let us just first establish that I really, really like this movie. Like, a lot. I can't help it.

There are certainly several parts that I could do without: Andy Dick's entire portion of the movie, the whole sleeping-with-the-boss's-underage-daughter-thing, KY-wrestling. Ya know, little things here and there that naturally offend my better sensibilities. But on the whole, this movie just makes me genuinely laugh. It's one of the few of Mr. Wilson's movies that I actually went out and purchased, on purpose, long before this 'merethon' ever began.

Mr. Wilson's 'Mitch' is a great character, and ultimately one of my favorites of his. However, this entire movie would obviously be nothing without the comedic abilities of Will Ferrell and Vince Vaughn. Not to mention Jeremy Piven, Craig Kilborn, Leah Remini, and Sean William Scott doing what they do best. The entire film is truly well-cast, except for maybe Ellen Pompeo, who I just find to be a bit underwhelming as 'Nicole.' I can't blame that on her entirely, though, as her character unfortunately doesn't really seem to give her too much to work with in the first place.

Anyways, it probably won't change your life, but it's definitely a very entertaining comedy. So, again, before I start rambling about streaking, or going to Bed Bath and Beyond ("I don't know if we'll have enough time..."), let me just repeat that I love this movie and call it good.


MERE'S OFFICIAL RATING:  4 out of 5 stars
All sandwiches welcome. No university affiliation required.



Up next...
Alex & Emma

1 comment:

  1. OLD SCHOOL really is one of my ALL TIME favorite movies!!!! I know the whole thing verbatim it's like my Rocky Horror Picture Show!!!! LMAO I really want to thank you for having this blog, you're fantastic! I thought I was Luke's NUMBER ONE FAN, but you take the cake! I really adore him. Comment on my blog anytime :D

    ReplyDelete