9.21.2011

"I bet this gets the honeymooners in the mood..."

For the record, this blogging is currently going down live at Henry's. Live! So exciting, right?!

Anyways, the clock ticks on...



Day 365
Vacancy
2007



Let me preface this post by admitting that I do not--I repeat--do NOT do 'scary movies.'

I have trouble with people just sneaking up behind me! Seriously. It's a game. People, (my family), delight in quietly walking up behind me while I'm seated at a desk. I startle so very, very easily. Thus, the idea of purposefully watching something that by all means is meant to scare the pee out of me is just not terribly appealing. At all.

But I watched Vacancy, and I didn't hate it. I'm not sure that I liked it, either, but I thought it was well-done. I thought it was legitimately scary. I thought it plausible, which surely made it all the more frightening. Honestly, as I think back on it now, I'm confusing it very much with the film Identity....

Anyways, that aside, this film was satisfying. It had the main premise supplemented by the complications of a sub-plot. Perhaps it was still a bit basic, but...it was manageable for someone like me. Generally, I approved.


MERE'S OFFICIAL RATING: 3 out of 5 stars
Sandwiches could double as defense against any who would dare sneak-up on me mid-movie...




Up next...
3:10 to Yuma


No comments:

Post a Comment