9.21.2011

"I'm still just kind of wondering what the hell happened..."

Day 364
My Super Ex-Girlfriend
2006


I'm just gonna go ahead and say straight away that this is certainly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Just awful. (Ok, still not as bad as Bad Seed. Like that's sayin' a whole lot...).

I don't blame Mr. Wilson's lack of 'leading-man'-skills, a crime for which he has too often been accused. I believe he's fully capable (see The Wendell Baker Story) of carrying a movie. Rather, I believe the true culprit here is the sorry excuse for a script and the lamentable execution of what could have been a remotely interesting, or at least funny and entertaining story.

There is very little, if anything, interesting, funny or entertaining about this film. It's mostly just sort of unsettling. Uma Thurman just flounders. Or rather, she embodies to a 'T' the awful part for which she has been cast. Even Rainn Wilson and Eddie Izzard can't save this film. It amazes me that films like this one are ever even funded, let alone made and released for consumption.

To repeat, once more for emphasis:  just awful.

MERE'S OFFICIAL RATING:  0 out of 5 stars. 
Throwing a sandwich at the person nearest you would without a doubt be much more entertaining than actually watching this movie...




Up next...
Idiocracy

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha the poster you found is in French. I love it, however, this does in no way improve the movie.

    ReplyDelete